Identity: The Search for Meaning
This course will lead the student through a process of beginning to identify the core elements of his or her worldview. In a way, this will lead to shaping the “first draft” of one’s life purpose. Time will be spent on Art Miller’s works on helping us identify our motivated abilities pattern (SIMA), a pattern that is unique to each individual. The debate of intelligent design will be briefly explored. Each student will complete the course with an attempt to identify his or her unique contribution to the world during their lifetime.
The specific objectives are:
- To understand the history of finding meaning and truth in life
- To understand the power of understanding our identity in everyday life
- To motivate future interest in and development of self understanding
- To spark interest in continued learning and development of our self identity
- To sketch a future course for personal development of a strong self identity