- The Establishing Series
- Becoming Established in the Gospel
Becoming Established in the Gospel
The overall objective of this course is to firmly establish every person in the central truths of the gospel, in order to lay all the essential foundations toward becoming an established disciple. Specifically this means that each individual would:
- Come to a clear and simple understanding of the core message of the gospel, and develop the ability to communicate that core message from a single passage.
- Gain a biblical understanding of baptism, and be baptized and publicly identified with Christ and a local believing community, if applicable.
- Gain an understanding of the “first principles” of the faith, and make a firm commitment to be established in them.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of renewing our minds in the first principles, and the concept of “walking in the Spirit” as described in Paul’s early letters, personalizing the core truths in order to use them as a guide for daily living.
- Develop a sound understanding of one’s freedom in the gospel and its implications for life and ministry, with the view of cultivating relationships with nonbelievers for the purpose of sharing the gospel with them.
- Make a firm commitment to become an established disciple, and gain an initial understanding of how to assist others in becoming disciples.