- The Establishing Series
- Becoming Established in a Local Church Community
Becoming Established in a Local Church Community
The overall objective of this study is to firmly establish every person in the central truths regarding the purpose, design, and function of the local church as a basis for becoming vitally involved in the life of a local church. Specifically, this means that each individual would:
- gain an understanding of the Great Commission and the role of the local church in fulfilling it. This lays the foundation for developing a biblical vision, a world view, for our lives as Christians
- develop a biblical understanding of Paul's concept of a local church, discerning the difference between what is to be normative for all churches in every culture and generation, and what was intended to be relevant for his time and situation only;
- develop a biblical understanding of the foundational philosophy for the ministry of the church and the guidelines (i.e. "house order") by which each local church is to abide;
- formulate a philosophy-of-life statement and an accompanying set of goals intended to fully establish each believer in the life of a local church.